Thursday, May 07, 2015

Family

"HEY! :) How are you? I was thinking of something I would love to share with you this week, seeing as we are so busy so only have so little time to email, It is only something simple but something I found most worth knowing. If it has been one thing that I have been so grateful for the last 12 weeks here in Trenton, it is that I have come to be able to understand other more and to be able to relate to them and their situations. I feel a greater love for others and I know its because of the beautiful families here! I have come to love the families here so much because its amazing how much they really do care for one another here.

I have come to appreciate the simple beauties of home and family more and more each day. Its not only our calling to serve, but to love and to invite and help others to Come unto Christ. We ultimately invite others to Come unto Christ so that they can know of eternal families and then they are able to see the fruits of joy, happiness, and peace in their home. Truly we have so much to be grateful for when we come to see that the greatest joys in life are meant to be experienced in the home!

We meet some though that have struggled for many years with family and are not as open to hearing our message, but one thing that always amazes me is that no matter our past and who we used to be that through Jesus Christ we can have a hope in a better world to come and our hearts can become changed and feel at one. We are all a part of Gods family and we have loved being able to help those who feel that they have no more family in this life come to see that everyone around them is their brother or sister. It fills them with hope and it also fills our hearts with excitement and joy!

I have always loved the words of the hymn "love at home" which tells us of how important our families are to God:

There is beauty all around
When there's love at home;
There is joy in every sound
When there's love at home.
Peace and plenty here abide,
Smiling sweet on every side.
Time doth softly, sweetly glide
When there's love at home.
Love at home, love at home;
Time doth softly, sweetly glide
When there's love at home.

In the cottage there is joy
When there's love at home;
Hate and envy ne'er annoy
When there's love at home.
Roses bloom beneath our feet;
All the earth's a garden sweet,
Making life a bliss complete
When there's love at home.
Love at home, love at home;
Making life a bliss complete
When there's love at home.
Kindly heaven smiles above
When there's love at home;
All the world is filled with love
When there's love at home.
Sweeter sings the brooklet by;
Brighter beams the azure sky.
Oh, there's One who smiles on high
When there's love at home.
Love at home, love at home;
Oh, there's One who smiles on high
When there's love at home.

I testify with all my heart and soul that Jesus Christ lives and because he does our families have the Hope of happy homes for time and all eternity. I invite you to love at home :) Everything is better in life when there is love at home and I know because we see it every day with all of these amazing Canadian families! They truly do love each other and I find myself becoming a better son and brother here on the mission!

Everything is going really well here in Trenton. We just had transfers today and so my companion (Elder Herbert) will be leaving for another place while I will be staying here and taking in another Elder (Elder Pumford). Its spring time here and it is now 26 degrees! :) Its beautiful here, truly so!"

No comments:

Post a Comment