Monday, September 29, 2014

So much to learn in so little time!

"G'day everybody from way over here in Beautiful United states,

I have been so busy! We had a branch presidency meeting last night and was called as the District leader for my district. I have been able to plan for each days work, schedule for where we need to go, what we need to do, and even what we need to think. There hasn't even been time to think! But, its been challenging me in a good way which has allowed me to use my time wisely and to make my choices effectively in a way that helps me to grow as a disciple and representative of Christ.

Today I had the opportunity to attend the Salt Lake city Temple! IT IS BEAUTIFUL! Wow! I took photos but will send them to you when I have the chance on the mission field. What a blessing it was to be able to do this! The spirit was very strong, and It was such a blessing to be in the celestial room with so many different missionaries. It is so beautiful and so peaceful in that Temple. What a blessing!

Coming to the MTC, I was tired. All the traveling really hit me hard, but I was able to have a great nights rest the first night I arrived here. I have honestly learnt SO much! About my purpose, about my role in teaching, and about how we need to see others through the eyes of how heavenly father sees them. We have had opportunities to teach a lot and also many times to learn during the day.|

My companions name is Elder Brown and he is from Spokane, Washington. He is the best! I love him. He is a quiet achiever, but I know that he has a testimony of the importance of this great latter day work. He has helped me to understand about unity in companionship, and I have had the great blessing of seeing the MTC experience shape him into the missionary he is becoming. I had the chance to talk to him last night and just let him know that I am here for him more than just his companion, but as a brother. I know that meant a lot to him.

The Lord Jesus Christ is the Centre of my life and my testimony of this church. I know that he lives and that he suffered for me that I wouldn't have to. I had a very strong spiritual experience last night when we were having a workshop on teaching people, not lessons. Earlier during the day I was praying to my Father in Heaven that he would help me to meet my plans whilst being here at the MTC and that I would be able to feel his love more firmly and deeply in my heart. He answered that prayer. When we were watching a video on how Christ is the centre of our teachings and our purpose as a missionary, the Spirit came into my mind and spoke to my heart. The spirit said: "I have a purpose for you here. I have prepared you for this time. I love you." I knew right away that it was the voice of the saviour. He has a plan for me and I know my purpose. My purpose is to invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored Gospel through Faith in Jesus Christ and His atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost and enduring to the end.

There is much to be done and much to learn. I love it here. I love the missionaries. I love the people. I love the mountains. I love Christ. I love wearing this badge! I love you all.

May God bless you always and may Christ guide you unto Him,

Elder Wehi"

No comments:

Post a Comment