Tuesday, October 07, 2014

What an Experience!

"Our purpose as missionaries is: "To invite others to come unto Christ, by helping them receive the restored Gospel through Faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, Repentance, Baptism, Receiving the Gift of the Holy Ghost, and Enduring to the end." This is why I am here at the MTC. To know my purpose whole heartedly and to become truely converted to the Lord before I can help others to do the same. What a blessing!

This week has been really great! There have been so many different opportunities to learn more about myself and my purpose as a missionary. I am grateful for this blessing that has come into my life. The biggest difference I can see in my own understanding of becoming a missionary is that everything we do is about Christ. Christ is the centre of everything. His Gospel applies to everyone.

At the beginning of this week I was able to see how the Atonement of Jesus Christ not only blesses the lives of those we teach, but also myself and my companion. My companion Elder Brown had been struggling for a long time with difficulties that arised before his mission and I was able to help him to resolve his concerns about his mission through the faith that can come in the redemptive power of the Atonement of Christ. Since taking hold of the Atonement and its peaceful and cleansing influence, my companion has become a different missionary. He is more willing and able to participate and has a greater emphasis and purpose for the work. How grateful I am for this miracle.

I have seen my testimony and conversion of the Gospel of Jesus Christ grow immensely and I know that there is a purpose behind all that the Lord does for His children. Nothing is coincidence! I find that my purpose of being here at the MTC is more than just training for the field, but it is for the other missionaries that I serve with here as well. I love them all and love the people we have been able to teach. Sarah Mae is on of our progressing investigators here at the MTC and through the Spirit we have been able to help her to come to a greater knowledge of how the Atonement applies to her own life. We will be setting a Bapitismal date with her hopefully later today. Hurrah for Israel!

So on other news, I have had the pleasure of being present in a priesthood choir practice for the General Conference, attend a MTC devotional that was presided over by Elder Ballard, and do some endowment sessions in both the Salt Lake City and Provo Temples. I have been collecting memories of my time here at the MTC and it has been a truely once in a lifetime experience. It has been great to see how much food they eat here in America! It feels like home! All the missionaries have been refering to me as 'Aussie' and they tend to ask me A LOT of questions about Australia- Which is quiet interesting as that would never happen at home!

I love it here. It really is incredibly beautiful.

Our District leaves the MTC this Monday and I personally leave at 6am here (U.S time) and get to Canada around 10am. I will be sending some photos hopefully soon too.

Remember that I love you all, more than you know.

Continue to have Faith in Jesus Christ and to find Joy in the journey.

The Gospel or nothing!

LOVE YOU ALL!!!

Elder Wehi"

No comments:

Post a Comment