Wednesday, July 15, 2015

TORONTO!!

" Hi! Its us again! The missionaries are pretty well known in this part of town. I also found out that my cousin from New Zealand served here also!! (Elder Mitchell). Its great to serve alongside such wonderful missionaries here in this also. My companions are great! Elder Oviatt is from Edmonton Alberta and is waiting for his visa to serve in the czech republic. He also served in Georgia in the states. He is always really happy and willing to learn from his experiences where he serves and in whom he serves. I love being able to learn from him also. My other companion (we are in a tricompanionship- 3 companions) is Elder Lasley who is from Idaho in the states also.He is a stud of a missionary. He gives his whole heart to helping others lead in the mission. He has served in leadership positions for most of his mission so he has learnt a lot from many experiences, and he leads with a motto in mind: "Preach the Gospel, and if needed- use words".

I love this area and the people in whom we have to serve. We are teaching around 20 lessons a week and its nice to be busy as it helps us to learn to forget ourselves and love others by showing them how much we love the Gospel. I love preaching the Gospel, because its about example and service. We talk with everyone but the Gospel light shines most when others see that we would give everything we are for them to receive the Gospel. I love it! Its so great to learn the principles of service because I feel it is helping me prepare to raise a family and be a loving husband. Principles like that :)

I just want to thankyou all for your prayers and your love. Thankyou for what you have done for others and the ghood you are going to do. I believe in you because I know that God believes in this work. He is this work. It is His work and we are learning to do His work in His ways every day. I love the Gospel with all my heart.

So this week was pretty good. We just mostly traveled to and in between appointments we would put up ESL flyers (ESL is english class for those who are learning english in the area. There are quite a few people that need to learn some english here haha including myself haha). We get to talk to 50-100 people each day on the busses and in the streets. Its amazing! So many cultures, languages, foods, and music. things like that that you can only see in Toronto.

This week we had a really great experience with a man from the czech republic. So we were going to lunch after ESL class and there was a man who was talking to Elder Oviatt. We got lunch and then we sat down. The man went to sit by himself, but we felt impressed to ask him to sit with us. We did so and he jumped at the chance. he opened up to us and we talked about the Gospel with him. We left that day feeling blessed for the opportunity to share the Gospel by one simple act of kindness. Sometimes that is what it takes to share the Gospel. A simple act of kindness. I love the Gospel.

have a great week!

Elder Wehi"

No comments:

Post a Comment