Wednesday, August 12, 2015

G'day from the soon to be Frozen North

"It use to be hot, now its warm, and it will soon be getting cooler in these parts of town up here in sudbury. Every day it seems to be getting colder, and the senses are reaching for the warmer clothes day by day haha! So its pretty great out here in the north of the land and we are enjoying it, especially in all the teaching we are blessed to be a part of :)

So hello there! Its been a great week and we have been able to see so many miracles! Every day there is something amazing happening, whether it is within another life or our own. You come to see that the Lord requires a willing heart to do His work and with that comes the opportunity to learn the principles of loving service. If its one thing that Ive come to learn the most its the importance of both family and serving both our loved ones and our enemies, because they are our brothers and sisters :)

So this week we are teaching a really, really prepared lady we contacted into a week ago. The admonition to continue to open our mouths is an inspired declaration for missionary work. We know it is. Since last week, Megan has finished reading the book of Mormon and knows that Joseph smith is a prophet of God. She wants to be baptized, and she comes to church every week. She also decided straight away, as soon as she heard about the word of wisdom, to give it up the next week. We are preparing her for baptism soon. She accepts her invitation because she knows this is from her Heavenly Father. She is getting a lot of discouragement from her family, but she stands up for her beliefs in the book of Mormon. She is courageous as she is a single mum with 2 children. She regularly sends us texts and letters on how she is loving reading the book of Mormon and what she is learning. I am now a witness of the power of finding "those who will receive you". Simply she and her family are a miracle, and we love serving them and teaching them the restored Gospel.

The members of the ward are great and we love the friendliness that is shown whenever we are with them. Bishop asked myself and Elder Baumgartner (another missionary I had previously served with in Kingston) to offer a talk at church yesterday. It was a talk on how I have come to see the blessings of preparing for a family from serving a mission. You learn a lot from your companions and especially experiences from serving other families. I also love serving the other missionaries here because there is always a special spirit when it comes to losing ourselves in the service of others. Being a good friend and a good example. I love the example of Christ because without His loving example I could not do anything of myself but only what I have seen and believe and know to be true.

So many great experiences this week! We travel out to a distant town called Elliot Lake which is a 2 hour drive from Sudbury! What a car ride that is haha! There are only about 9-10 members out there but they are all strong and faithful members, in which we are grateful.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do for any of you! I love you and am grateful for all of your loving kindness and charity. Thank you for your service as missionaries in your own special way.

I know that there is a Christ! I testify of His holy name and the miracle of forgivness, the power of His Atonement, and the peace offered by His ressurection and His life. I love Him and revere Him as our ultimate hero in all of the missionary work we undertake. I am honored every day to wear His name of my heart. I have always loved these words that I know He spoke: "Peace, be still."

I love you all!

Have a great week! Go help someone, I promise it brings happiness :)

Elder Wehi"

No comments:

Post a Comment