Wednesday, November 18, 2015

What a great week!

"Dear family and friends!

Its been fantastic here in Scarborough. It isnt yet snowing but you can tell that the winter is coming! burrrrrrr! Its going to be a mild winter they say though so we cant complain...plus winter is a beautiful time of the year...especially when your shoes are falling apart and you almost get frostbite on your feet. nothing duct tape cant fix haha. but its really nice this time of the year. In Australia you never see snow...well only if you are born on the mountains down south haha, but I didn't get that opportunity. So yeah...the winter is going to be a blast!

The town is still really multicultural! The ward is fantastic! We get fed so much and we are grateful! I feel that there is always too much to give thanks for and so most of my prayers go out in gratitude. I find myself not being able to ask for anything, other than the Spirit, because I have every gift I could ever ask for. I am grateful for my family and their love. I am grateful for the people we get to serve and to serve around, especially the members and other missionaries whose faith strengthens mine. I am grateful for my companion who has taught me loving kindness for others and a sincerity in heart for prayer. I am grateful for health and for safety from the storms of life that are happening all around the world. I am grateful for the Gospel which changed my life and is changing lives for the better here too. I am grateful for a loving mission President and his wife who have given so much to always look over us missionaries.

Also this week a good friend of mine recieved a package from home and was able to deliver it to me! It was a guitar! YAY! My last guitar was...tragically..resting in peace now. But that is okay because now I have another guitar and hopefully will be able to play it during lessons and on the street. I love music! It brings the Spirit so much when it is conveyed with love.

My heart and prayers go out to all those who may have been affected by the news in France. Every soul is precious to God and it is always a painful thing to hear that so much devastation is happening. We look to the Savior, who we know will make everything right in His time. It makes me grateful for the understanding I have been given of the plan of salvation. That we can live with those we love through all eternity. I know this is true. I testify of this eternal truth.

We have been teaching so many prepared people and this week especially we have seen miracles! One of the biggest ones is to think that I have been blessed to serve the Lord and the people for close to 14 beautiful months now! wow time flies! I cant even remember what I ate for breakfast yesterday...let alone what happened the first few transfers of the mission. I know that its recorded somewhere though...so that's a blessing! haha

Funny story for you: So this week we went to a members house to eat dinner. I didnt know that they had a 'tradition' where they give the missionaries 'cherries' to eat during dinner. Its funny because the 'cherries' looked very much like hot peppers! I decided to go along with it. hesitantly eating one. The first 10 seconds were fine, and then it was game on. oh man! It was so hot! All I remember was my mouth on fire and literally feeling like my mouth had a fire in it hahaha. I couldnt hold back tears while I also noticed after clearing my nose that there was specks of redness....which I was hoping wasn't blood hahahaha. man....that was so hot! definitely have to think twice about eating 'cherries' in canada again haha

Some lessons I have learned on the mission!
the greatest of all blessings I have come to learn and know on the mission is love.

“Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.” james 1:27

“Remember the worth of souls is great in the sight of God.” D&C 18:10

One of my favorite scriptures from the bible that teaches us the importance of being "called to serve":
When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:

“And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:

“And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

“Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

“For I was an hungered, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:

“Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

“Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?

“When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?

“Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?

“And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.” Matthew 25:31-40

Have a great week everyone! Know I love you! The church is true :)

Go and help someone, love someone, make someone smile.
The Gospel is true and works everytime :)

Elder Wehi

Make it a good one :)"

No comments:

Post a Comment