Wednesday, December 02, 2015

Transfers!....or not?

"wow, its another transfer week! and guess what!? We are staying again! FOR CHRISTMAS!!! YAY! We are so happy! We love serving here in Scarborough. I have always felt a special connection to this place and I love calling it my home at this time. I love the members especially and the faith they have. Its always a testimony to me when I get to see how members in Canada act like the Savior, just like Ive seen in Australia. Truly we are united with one cause to be more like Christ! I love this church with all my heart, and I especially recognize that Christ is at the center of it all. I love him and know he loves me. I know this is true. I see it every day.

When you get used to staying in an area for a long period of time, you really get to know the place so well. my companion Elder Ray has been serving here for 4 transfers now, which adds up to about nearly 19 weeks so far and I know he knows this place well because some nights I will hear him in his sleep talk about the people and he will sometimes teach them the Gospel too haha. Oh man I have the best companion. always being a missionary....even in his sleep! wow dedicated! hahaha.

Its been a great week. We had our ward mission leader leave the ward and we now have a new ward mission leader who is a great man. They had me give a talk on missionary work on Sunday and it was brilliant being able to share my experiences on the mission and to recognize how much I have seen the hand of god in my life serving this mission. I also got to see two members from Trenton Branch on Sunday too because they were there visiting family.

We did a lot of service this week! We find that, like President Monson has said, "there are hearts to touch and their are lives to brighten. There are souls to save." We love doing service as it is what we are called to do: Called to Serve :)

Do you ever know how much good you do? not really ever do we know. I promise that 100% of your efforts to do good counts. Every single portion no matter how much you might see that makes a difference. For those who do not feel that there efforts are making a difference or for those who feel alone. I can testify that as you strive to do good to others, God will in his time help you to find more substance in your life. There is more to find within us when we give of ourselves to others in a righteous way.

OH and BY THE WAY!!! CHRISTMAS IS COMING!!! so I have a gift for you! its all yours. all you have to do is watch it, love it, and share it! Its actually a video from the church about Christmas and the reason we celebrate it. I have watched it and I have felt the Spirit remind me of Gods love so I definitely can recommend sharing it with those who are in need of the Christmas Spirit. You might know someone at work, school, at home, at the shopping center, at church, maybe you met them on the street or at a bus shelter the other day, the list goes on! I know that there is someone in your life that needs to see this video and feel Gods love.

The link to the video is here: Christmas.mormon.org

Check it out! Its great! You can share it on Facebook and all :)
GO TELL IT ON THE MOUNTAIN! :D

Make it a good week!
Loves
Elder Wehi"

No comments:

Post a Comment