Tuesday, January 19, 2016

The STRONG-est transfer yet!

"We are SO EXCITED! I got entered into a new companionship this week. man....Elder Strong is his name. Have you ever heard of a more glorious name before? This man is a strong ox...and has a mighty strong back to carry his strong bag full of things that are heavy and will make him strong. Elder Strong comes from a strong family of about 7 other strong brothers. His strong name will carry throughout the mission to come. He has a strong testimony and a very strong ability to sleep. His snoring level is level strong hahaha. okay forget I said that...thats not very nice after all ;) haha

I love Elder Strong though...He is every good thing in a missionary. He is willing to work and serve hard..he also can joke around and have fun which is great. He teaches well and is a good finder. all these good things he does and so with one less companionship in the area, he has the strength of three man. His mission name for me is Elder Strengthofthreemen :) haha

he comes from a background where his family moved around 23 times and they were at times homeless. He has a testimony of the Book of Mormon very strong. I love it. this transfer is going to be great because there is so much good going to happen. We believe it! :)

The Trainers meeting (which is a place where new missionaries and us really old trainers go to come together) was awesome! it was full of the Spirit and I got to see many missionaries I hadnt seen in a long time. good stuff!

After the meeting we went to get Elder Strong's medical stuff and had to get a couple of other things. We then went home to start the week...

might I say..the week started very STRONG...it was awesome! Elder Strong got to meet all the members in the Ward, and also he invited a person we are teaching to be baptized and they said YES! :)

Elder Strong has lots of energy...we will see how long it lasts haha..because when you get to be my age...well...your gray hairs and everything start to slow you down...but nevertheless...we press forward because this is the best work ever...I love it with all my heart and there is no where I would rather be right now. I love the mission with all my heart and I thank God every day that I get a chance to be here and to represent the Savior. I testify that when we reach out beyond ourselves to help pick others up and to mourn with those who mourn and comfort those who stand in need of comfort...it really really REALLY makes a difference. There is more substance to our lives. The substance of the light of Christ. Its easier to find ourselves, because there is more to find. I love that saying. Being able to strengthen others even when we ourselves struggle is how you can overcome depression. I went through it and only by serving others did it help me through it. I can testify of this truth..everything is sweeter when you look outside yourself and help someone in need.

if there is anything that we can do for you please let us know.

know that we love you and are grateful for your prayers and for the big acts of kindness that in some way or another you have done for me. thank you again.

Have a great week!

Elder Wehi"

No comments:

Post a Comment