Wednesday, October 07, 2015

Scarborough adventures!

"Allo! Comment Ca Va?

WOW! Scarborough is so diverse! I have never been in such a diverse city and place before. Its amazing. We see all kinds of people here and the minority is Canadian people haha. Its a great place to serve and we love doing so each day.

Not much has happened this week, but miracles happen every day. We work hard and know that the Lord will make up the rest. I am so grateful for my calling as a missionary and the things I am learning every day.

I was thinking about something I would like to share with you all on a highlight of the week for me. It was the last day of the week and it was General Conference time again! I was pondering the last song: "Love One Another" and as I did I could see myself in many instances throughout the mission on moments that have mattered most, and the mission here in Canada Toronto has been perfect for me. I have truly learnt a powerful lesson in sharing the teaching of Christ and inviting others to Him. I have come to learn that our role is one main thing...ministering. To give our lives in the service of others. I am talking about the kind of service of the heart. To think of someone who is struggling or in need of a listening ear and to be able to listen to them. The best way to invite someone to Christ that I have seen is to pray for help, listen for promptings from the Spirit and then to act. More times than not the promptings will refer us to small acts of kindness that we can choose to or not to do.

As I was sitting listening to the words of the song being sung in the meeting I couldn't help but think back to all the times I felt the Spirit on the mission and what has come to matter most to me, and that has been the happiness of others. The Gospel,, when lived in faith, makes us happy. That kind of happiness lasts. Because we must love all people, we must forgive all people. Only in those times will we have the vision to see clearly the needs of others and how to best serve them.

Hope you all have a great week!

Your missionaries, Elder Ray and Wehi

:)"

No comments:

Post a Comment