Wednesday, December 09, 2015

A miracle for the week!

"Christmas Time is coming! its a blaze here in the Scarborough area with Christmas Spirit. The missionaries and members are getting ready to share the true meaning of Christmas and its great to see. I have come to love serving here in Scarborough. This has been my 14th week in this area and I love it. Elder ray my companion has been here for 26 weeks now. We are old guys to the members here hah. We have seen hard and good times here and all have come to help me to know that this is not only our work, but it is Gods. I know this.

I am doing great!...striving to not eat too much because we will be eating...well....quite a bit...especially when at Filipino members homes during the Christmas time. Having a big appetite at this time of the year is never a good thing hah.

We also wanted to thank all of you that have helped us to come so far, especially giving us such a help on the mission. For all those who have sent encouraging words or gifts to my companion and I, We appreciate it all. We are so grateful for your prayers and your well wishes. thank you again so much! We couldn't do all of this without your support and encouragement so thank you again!

We had a Christmas party for all the members and their friends this week! Everyone came with hungry stomachs and there was many happy hearts. It was good to see everyone so happy. We managed to squeeze everyone together for a photo at the end. There was a big turn out so it was brilliant. We also made a banner with the words: A savior is born. We will be giving the Photo as a Christmas Card to all.

I I love being a missionary. I can testify that this is the best 14 months so far that have ever had before in my life. I have come to know Jesus Christ much more personally, and because of this have come to feel Gods love more times than I can count. I now that this work is important and is fulfilling.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We saw a really inspired miracle this week from always talking with everyone and Always asking for referrals.

We were coming back from a returning member lesson when we felt impressed to talk to a man at his house. we did. He wasn't interested at all. He kicked us out of the yard. We kept walking on and preparing to go to an appointment.

We saw on the path in front of us before the bus stop a young couple. They didn't look like they would be interested, but pushing aside judgment, I strive to listen to what the Spirit would tell me to do. The spirit said to me strongly to talk to them. we went over to them and nothing came to my mind to teach, so I asked the only thing I could think of at the time: "Who do you know can benefit from our message?" The young mans face lit up and he straight way pointed us in the direction of his parents home.

We took his referral and went to the house. It looked like a shelter from the outside. We walked in and to the door where the young man had said and we knocked. A shorter lady came to the door and asked us what our purpose was. We said we were sent to them, by their family and by god. She let us in and the next 20 minutes she shared with us her whole life story and her husband who was also there did too. They told us they had nothing left but clothes, a little food, and a roof over their head. Their family was scattered and their hope was diminishing. They felt so poor and we could tell they were also poor in spirit.

We felt impressed to share with them the video 'a savior is born'. which you can see at Christmas.mormon.org. As we watched it they and us got emotional and we all testified of Christ. We all felt the Spirit so strong. The lady knew we had come from God to her and she told us she wanted to come to church.

The next day she did and loved it! She got up in class and bore her testimony that she know knew God was looking after her an she said these special words: "I feel that Jesus Christ is with me now. I feel him all around me." she wants to come back to church next week and she feels that when she prays now, god will be there to listen to her.

Following the Spirit is so important in doing Gods work, and I know that God and His Son Jesus Christ are literal beings, a father and a son. I know that they are at the head of this work, and it fills me with joy to see others finding happiness and joy through Jesus Christ.

This has been a little Christmas miracle so far and we are looking forward to many more to come.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Often, the answer to our prayer does not come while we’re on our knees but while we’re on our feet serving the Lord and serving those around us.”—President Dieter F. Uchtdorf
http://media.ldscdn.org/images/media-library/by-speaker/president-thomas-s-monson/monson-quote-christmas-1183546-gallery.jpg

- Your servants, the missionaries
Elder Ray and Wehi"

No comments:

Post a Comment